Monday, April 27, 2009

the thermals


I've been waiting to see Portland based band the Thermals live for what seems like forever. Back in January I posted about how I was hoping they would release something, anything, this year. And both wishes came true this month. On 04.07.09 they released their 4th album, Now We Can See, and last Friday night I saw them live. The best part? The wait was completely worth it. They brought the bouncing-off-the-walls-raw-punk-energy to the tiny Marquis Theater one would expect after listening to their albums. Know what's even better? They sound great and are on tour right now. So I recommend you check out their schedule and put it on your calendar as something not to miss. You won't regret it. Not one bit.

Here's a little video I shot while at the show. The sound isn't great because I snuck behind the speakers to get a better view. You know, one without dozens of bobbing heads. Normally this is something I wouldn't do. When I decided the Thermals would be the next Music Monday's post I became my own version of superwoman because I squeezed and bumped unapologetically past people to show you this energy. Watch Kathy Foster's head. Her hair had me mesmerized the entire show. Props to my mom for rockin' this killer cut back in 1989.



Untitled from casey keasler on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment