Each year, January rings in with change, promise and resolution after resolution. Yes, I make them and yes, I break them. I don't really like to call it breaking though. My resolutions are usually the exact same ones I proclaimed the year before because A) I dropped said resolution in March. B) I made my resolution(s) impossibly difficult to obtain and became frustrated because I didn't reach the goal by March or C) Who am I kidding, I'm not really going to eat less OR exercise more.
This year, my resolution is the Anti-Resolution. Instead of listing off all the things I want to change about my life or how I'm going to improve myself for 2009, I thought I would start off my first post of the new year with a list of things I'm looking forward to in 2009.
- One word: Obama. Inauguration day is 1.20.09. Have a party. Make big 'O' cookies. Celebrate!
- Q-Tip is back. Have you heard his new album? It seems like a lifetime ago since his last release. Although released late in 08, this one is definitely worth the wait.
- Alexander Wang - I'm a little behind on this one but not by much, he's only 25.
- Sweaters so big you can drown in them. They are comfortable, cozy and work well with all the post holiday consumption. Grab one from your man and pair it with black tights and ankle boots.
- Higher waistlines.
- the Thermals - please say you'll have new music out in 2009. I'm waiting.
- Remember the 90s? They are about to be back in full force. We're getting a taste of them now but there will be more to come. I'm talking grunge, minimalism, chunky footwear and muted colors in everything from fashion to interiors. All of this bodes well in our new economy.
- More headpieces. Think Erin Wasson...
- Think being green is a hot trend? Well it's here to stay. We all need to get smarter about understanding it, know what's greenwash and how we can make less of an impact on the environment. Check out treehugger and Ideal Bite for ideas on how you can change your lifestyle for the better.
These are just a few things I'm looking forward to in the new year. Stay tuned for more.