Tuesday, March 17, 2009

sxsw

Nope, I'm not speaking in code. SXSW = South by Southwest, the amazing music festival in Austin. It's like a trade show for music and you get to be a part of it. Bars, restaurants, hotels, music venues all open their doors and host music for a straight four days. Meaning your favs could play multiple times throughout the city. Could it get any better? I don't think so! Here's the full schedule.

Gorilla vs. Bear is hosting a great show called Gorilla vs. Booze III. My favorite radio station, KEXP is broadcasting all their shows live starting tomorrow. The poster below is a show hosted by My Old Kentucky Blog and Aquarium Drunkard. So you're catching my drift? There's tons of music to be had. Now go get em tiger. Oh and don't forget to keep it weird.

And if you ever find yourself in Austin without a place to stay, this week excluded because I'm sure it's been booked for months, check out Hotel San Jose. It's a little oasis in the middle of hot, hot Austin. Design by renowned firm Lake Flato Architects, this hotel exemplifies the laid-back, casual cool lifestyle Austin evokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment